Need help in importing stories/subtasks from excel

Manny August 8, 2019

Hi 

I imported stories and subtasks from excel to JIRA. I have couple of issues in uploading the Orginal estimate hours of the sub tasks. During import mapping it says orginal estimate field data should be in seconds?? how to upload the estimate data in hours format

And we have a custom  field say Network(2 levels like Provider(parent)/verizon(child), att(child) ) the import doesn't upload the custom data getting the below error message "Cannot add value [ [xxxxxx] ] to CustomField Network in Issue with summary 'Import from excel Test Master 3-sub1'. Probably value was in incorrect format" 

Please help to resolve the above issues 

1 answer

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2019

Hi @Manny ,

Did you read this https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/importing-data-from-csv-802592885.html

There is a part for importing cascading fields. Please mind the mentioned issue with the import.

Manny August 10, 2019

I tried the format mentioned in the document but it didn't work may be due to 2 layer cascading fields 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events