Need help creating an application in Jira via Curl

Sergey Kozachenko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 21, 2017

I form the application in Jira through Curl.
I pass this text:

{
    "fields": {
       "project":{"id": "10101"},
       "issuetype":{"id":"10100"},
       "components":[{"id":"10300"}],
       "assignee":{"name":"skozachenko"},
    "reporter":{"name":"anikonov"},
    "customfield_10100" : [{"name":"anikonov"}],
     "summary":"Test",
       "description":"Test"
   }
}

Формируется заявкаСнимок1.JPG

I want to add a field "Request type".

Which field name should I pass through Curl and which id?

изображение.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2017

Request type is a Service Desk system field, not a simple custom field.  You need to use the JSD API to get to it.  See https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/service-desk/rest/

Sergey Kozachenko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 21, 2017

I added the "requestTypeId" field. But I got the error back.
{"errorMessages": [], "errors": {"requestTypeId": "Field 'requestTypeId' can not be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."}}

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2017

It's not a simple field, it's an indicator of the type of request that a customer is raising in JSD.  Have a closer look at the Request calls in the API - you'll see it's not something you can just throw on a screen and edit.

Suggest an answer