My issues with epics disappeared from my sprint board, what to do?

Annemarie van Basten
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 26, 2019

Yesterday I could see all my 23 issues in the sprint.  Thos morning I only see 3 issues. Issues without epic.

The others seems to be disappeared or hide by some filter. 

2 answers

1 vote
Felipe Fernandes February 11, 2021

The same happened with me. 

I walked through the Petter's checklist but I ain't have any lucky on solved this issue. 

Investigating a bit more, I figured out that the issues with epics show on board Issue's filter but don't show on board's column.

Does anyone have other clues about how to solve this?

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2019

Hello Annemarie,

Welcome to Atlassian community!

If you are one of the administrators of the board, I recommend you to check for any changes performed on the board that could be hiding the issues with Epic. Supposing you are using a Classic project, here are the steps:

1 - Navigate to your board > Board Settings > General > Check if the board filter/sub-filter can be excluding the issues that disappeared

2 - If the issues with Epic are from a different issue type, check under Board Settings > Columns if their statuses are properly mapped in the board columns

3 - Navigate to board settings > Swimlanes and set the option No swimlanes to check if this might be impacting your board view.

4 - Check if the issues were not moved to Done. This can make the issues disappear from your board, depending on how you configured it

Let me know if this information helps. In case this does not work, please let us know if you are using a Next-gen project or a classic one and what platform you are running JIRA (Cloud or Server).

Suggest an answer