Multilevel query with condition on parent/child status (without ScriptRunner)

Enguerrand de Pompignan April 13, 2023

Hello,

I'm new to using Jira, and a little help would be appreciated on this one :)

I would like to create a query that returns all issues with "submitted" status and with children that have "accepted" status. A solution would be this :

project = "ProjectABC" AND status =Analysed AND issueLinkType = "is parent of" AND issueFunction in hasChildren("status = Accepted")

The problem is I don't have Script Runner and can't use issueFunction and hasChildren. I tried this query but it doesn't work :

project = "ProjectABC" AND status = Submitted AND issueLinkType = "is parent of" AND issue in (issueLinkType="is child of" AND status=Accepted)

Do you have any idea ?

Thank you for your help :)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2023

Hi @Enguerrand de Pompignan,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Without an app that extends JQL you cannot create a query that will return the result you are looking for. You would need Scriptrunner, JQL Tricks, or any of the other apps in the Marketplace that extends JQL. 

Enguerrand de Pompignan April 13, 2023

Hi @Mikael Sandberg 

Thank you

for your answer ! My organisation doesn't have any of these app, I guess I'll have to find another way. 

Thanks anyway :)

Suggest an answer