Move "create linked issue" from more menu to button?

Helen August 30, 2018

I'd like to move the "created linked issue" option off the More action menu and instead on provide it as a button alongside the existing "assign" button. 

I found instructions for increasing the number of buttons available on the button bar by setting ops.bar.grou.size.opsbar-operations in jira-config.properties, but I don't want to display all the entries from the More menu, just the "create linked issue" button.

I also found instructions for increasing the weight of buttons by editing system-issueoperations-plugins.xml. Presumably doing this means the action ends up at the top of the menu and can then be displayed, I haven't tried it because "created linked issue' isn't in the file.

How do I move this particular action to a button at the top?

4 answers

1 vote
Alex October 8, 2021

Is this possible today?

1 vote
Bert Dombrecht
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2019

I have eventually created a new button to 'Create a Linked Issue' using the Scriptrunner plugin.

The setup consists of two parts:

1. Add a Script Fragment (Create Constrained Issue)

This will add a Button with a configurable name in the location you desire (e.g. operations-top-level). You can add conditions to this button (only show for a specific project, issue  type, status, ...). Clicking the button will open the Create screen as configured in the Screen Scheme.

2. Add a Behaviour

This allows you to manipulate the Create screen if it is triggered by the custom button. For example: pre-populate fields (such as the Issue Links field), hide fields, make fields read-only, ...

You can read all the details here: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.5.0/jira/fragments/CreateConstrainedIssue.html

1 vote
Bert Dombrecht
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2019

Hi, Helen,

Did you eventually find a way to achieve this?
I'm trying to do the same, but run into the same issue.
Some of the actions in the More menu have a weight configured in system-issueoperations-plugins.xml but 'create-linked-issue' is not in there...

Helen June 16, 2019

Sorry Bert, I did not. 

Like Deleted user likes this
1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 30, 2018

Hello,

You can not move the Create Linked Issue button from the More action menu. The properties, which you found, deal with workflow transitions, not with actions in the More menu.

Helen September 5, 2018

Technically speaking, this "You can not move the Create Linked Issue button from the More action menu" isn't correct - if I increase the value of ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-operations sufficiently, a Create Linked Issue button appears.

What I'm trying to avoid is having every other entry in the More menu appear as buttons as well. Surely there must be a file somewhere that defines the order of the More menu (and includes the Create Linked Issue action)?

Suggest an answer