Monthly tickets created and resolved

Trisha_Colotto September 21, 2022

Hi,

I am using Dashboard Hub Add-on and need 2 separate JQL queries to obtain the following information.

First is to list the total of created/closed tickets per month

The second is to list the totality of created tickets assigned/closed per month by multiple assignees 

For example I started with this and was going to continue with Start/end of month -2 etc, then list by assigned ("Tom", "Joe") etc...

(project = "OOO") AND createdDate was in ("In progress", "Code Review", "Ready for Release") DURING (startOfMonth(-1), endOfMonth(-1))

JQL Query.png 

I appreciate any assistance or advice you can provide, thank you.

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 22, 2022

Hi @Trisha_Colotto ,

This is Gorka, from Appfire, makers of Dashboard Hub for Jira.

We have created a dashboard for you here, so you can see all our examples 🙂 If you are looking for Created vs Resolved requests for Jira Service Management, you can use the Created vs Resolved Requests gadget (slide 1).

In case you want to see any Jira issue, you can either use the JQL Custom Charts gadget (Slide 2 and 3) or the Formula Cards gadget (Slide 2).

JQL Custom Charts:

You need to create one chart for the created issues and other for the resolved issues, with the following configuration:

Screenshot 2022-09-22 at 17.15.14.png

Screenshot 2022-09-22 at 17.15.32.png

To get the following results (you can represent the data as line charts, tile charts…):

Screenshot 2022-09-22 at 17.13.15.png

Screenshot 2022-09-22 at 17.13.52.png

You can also use the Formula Cards gadget to represent the percentage of resolved vs created issues:

Screenshot 2022-09-22 at 17.17.36.png

Variable a with the query

project = "Your Project"  and createdDate >= startOfMonth() and createdDate <= endOfMonth()

And Variable b with the query

project = "Your Project" and resolutionDate >= startOfMonth() and resolutionDate <= endOfMonth() and resolution = Done

Then configure as a Donut Card, where the expression is the resolved issues and the max value of our percentage is the total created issues:

Screenshot 2022-09-22 at 17.17.50.png

We are also working on a specific gadget for Created vs Resolved Issues for Jira issues (not just requests from Jira Service Management like our current gadget Created vs Resolved Requests. We’ll notify you as soon as it’s ready.

Hope this helps,

Gorka

Trisha_Colotto September 22, 2022

Hi Gorka,

This is perfect, exactly what I was after.

Thank you so much :-)

Like • # people like this
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 23, 2022

My pleasure, let me know if I can be of further help :)

Like • Siva Muppa [Appfire] likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2022

I haven't worked with Data Hub, but I can speak to the JQL filters needed.

JQL to get issues created in the current month:

project = X and createdDate >= startOfMonth() and createdDate <= endOfMonth() 

JQL to get issues closed in the current month:

project = X and resolutionDate >= startOfMonth() and resolutionDate <= endOfMonth() 

If you want to order the output by Assignee then tack onto the end of the above statements the following:

ORDER BY Assignee ASC
Trisha_Colotto September 22, 2022

Hi Trudy,

Thank you these were very helpful.

Suggest an answer