Missing validators and conditions for workflow transitions

Peter Borzenkov July 8, 2020

Hi,

The cloud version of Jira i was using in a Jira admin course had the following conditions:

Value field 

Always False Condition

Block condition upon approving and etc.

As well as the following validators:

Field required validator

Permission validator

Regular expression check and etc.

None of these validators/conditions appear in my server deployment (version 8.2).

The instructor suggested that i have some issue with disabled modules/plugins.

What do i need to do to get these conditions and validators enabled?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 8, 2020

Hi @Peter Borzenkov ,

since those 'more advanced' workflow elements aren't available in Jira Server and Data Center out of the box, you'll have to head over to one of the workflow apps available on the Atlassian Marketplace - see https://marketplace.atlassian.com/categories/workflow

Cheers
Thorsten

Thanks, which addons would you suggest? any good free ones?

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 8, 2020

Hi @Peter Borzenkov ,

I'm not aware of any free apps and obviously biased, since I'm part of the team behind Jira Workflow Toolbox. That said, I'd guarantee that this app is capable of all the things mentioned in your initial post (and much more). However, the same probably applies for the other no-coding solutions like JMWE and JSU. If you're into groovy scripting, you'll probably go after ScriptRunner.

Cheers
Thorsten

Thanks again Thorsten, i will look into those.

Radhika Vijji _Innovalog_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2020

Hi Thorsten,

That is not completely true. JMWE (paid) does offer Groovy scripting along with the one-point click workflow extensions and that too with ease. It has an inbuilt Groovy editor which will help you in writing scripts. Here is the links to the documentation: https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/x/AwU5C

Regards,

Radhika

Marketplace Partner
July 8, 2020

Hi @Radhika Vijji _Innovalog_ ,

Thanks for the addition - of course groovy can be incorporated as well. However, I assumed that with the 'Easily configure workflows, WITHOUT CODE' claim the target audience is rather the UI people instead of the scripting ones. Just learned that you want to serve both, by definition.

Cheers
Thorsten

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events