Menu on Sprint report missing

Peter Madsen August 6, 2018

The more menu / kebab menu icon (three horisontal dots) is missing in my jira Sprint report.

How do I activate this option as an admin?

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2018

@Peter Madsen, can you provide a screenshot of the precise report you are speaking about? Server or Cloud - add a tag for your deployment platform. Do you have some sprint reports that have the kebab menu and some that do not?

Peter Madsen August 21, 2018

@Jack Brickey it's a server, don't know what you mean by deployment platform.

None of the sprint reports have a kebab menu

Missing kebab menu Jira.JPG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2018

@Peter Madsen, please check to see if you have sprint permissions. project > Project Settings > Permissions > Manage Sprints. What groups have permission and are you part of one or more of those groups.

Peter Madsen August 22, 2018
  • Application access (Any logged in user)
  • Project lead

And I'm project lead

And I'm also jira-administrator

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2018

Are you on server or cloud? In my cloud instance I have the ellipses with the following options: delete sprint, reopen and view in issue navigator. What I see in your screenshot is that those options exist on the screen. So I wonder if your version has done away with the ellipses. What is it you are trying to accomplish via this menu?

1364AE32-C318-4872-A2BC-9DB802E335DC.jpeg 

Peter Madsen August 27, 2018

@Jack Brickey I'm on a server.

I only have the Reopen sprint option, and I need to edit the sprint to change the completion date.

It's on this version: 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 27, 2018

@Peter Madsen, ah so now we have the smoking gun. 7.3 is a very old version. If you check the documentation you will see that the Sprint Report changed in 7.5 it appears. I would recommend upgrading to a newer version of Jira as there are a lot of improvements since 7.3.

Peter Madsen September 7, 2018

ah, ok. 

Thanks for the feedback :)

0 votes
Peter Madsen August 13, 2018

Really, no answers in more than a week?

Suggest an answer