Make a helpdesk project ticket appear in another project tickets list

Jordano OLAOTAN June 22, 2022

Hello , I am actually working on a data center JiraSM.

I have a global helpdesk project A and willing to create a new project B for specific users in a specific location.

I want :

- When on a specific workflow like <<Escalate to HQ>> on project B , that ticket should be visible in a special filter queue in project A

Kind of confused on how to proceed, any help is welcome 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2022

Hi Jordano - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you share the filter that you have so far for project A? Basically, you will want to update the filter to include the tickets from project B. 

So, if your current filter for project A is something like: Project = ABC

then you will update it to be something like: Project = ABC or (Project = DEF and status = "Escalate to HQ")

Jordano OLAOTAN June 23, 2022

Hello John, thank you for your answer

Yes exactly, ,i want to see project B ticket in project A on a specific workflow status.

In A project, i created a new queue and add this filter : 

project = "B Helpdesk" 

But nothing show up.

Tried this too : 

project = "B Helpdesk"  and status ="awaiting for approval"

Jordano OLAOTAN June 27, 2022

@John Funk 

Hope you doing good.... 

any help please?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2022

Sorry for the delay - I have been traveling. 

Try this for the filter:

Project = A or (Project = B and status = "awaiting for approval")

You need to include the syntax exactly like that, but with the exact project codes for your instance and status name. 

Please send a screenshot of the filter after you update it and whether it works or not. 

Jordano OLAOTAN June 29, 2022

jira.PNG

@John Funk , Thank for replying, hope you had nice trip...

so;

My project A is called IT Helpdesk. And i am doing the filter from there. As you can see, it shows only project A ticket; but project B called WoS Helpdesk is not visible.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2022

Thank you   :-)

Can you try just this part to see if anything is returned:

Project = "WoS Helpdesk" and status = "awaiting for approval"

Jordano OLAOTAN June 30, 2022

Hello @John Funk John, thanks

Tried it too : Nothing to show :) 

Is it normally possible to do such in the same server hosting two different helpdesk project...test2.PNG

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 30, 2022

Hmm, so something is off with issues themselves it would seem. Can you post a screen shot of an issue that should show on the list? 

Hello @John Funk 

As asked, this is a ticket 

test.PNG

And this is a filter done from IT Helpdesk Project filter queeue

test2.PNG

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 30, 2022

Hmm. Try doing that same query in a regular advanced query function (click on the Search box in the top nav bar and then choose Advanced Issue Search.

Hello @John Funk 

From the global search on top of navigation bar;

i can see the three tickets of th project

test2.PNGtest.PNG

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 30, 2022

My apologies - I just realized it was a queue you were trying to do this with and not a regular filter. It doesn't look like that's possible with Server according to this previous post. There are some possible alternatives in there as well. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Multiple-projects-one-ticket-queue/qaq-p/1149406

Jordano OLAOTAN July 2, 2022

Hello @John Funk 
Thank for your help so far.

Will have a look into it and try to do something.

If you have any other thing that may help, do not hesitate please

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer