Log4j vulnernerability in jira apps

Ramakrishna Grandhi December 13, 2021

Hi, we've a jira server app and its .jar file. It has a dependency on log4j 1.2.6 indirectly i.e. we dont have the ref in pom.xml but one of the dependencies has it. Can someone advise on how to make this transitive dependency to latest log4j?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2021

Hi @Ramakrishna Grandhi ,

If the official security advisory does not answer your question (and it may - I am not a developer and cannot say for certain), then I would suggest these next-steps:

• We have a dedicated Developer Community that might be good to check out for plugin development related questions. I have not personally looked for topics related to log4j or dependencies in server apps, but believe discussions like this are happening on the Developer Community currently.
  • Raise a case at https://support.atlassian.com/contact - while we are working quickly to address cases related to the CVE, I think this is more of a development-related question and it's possible that a support case for this question may take a little longer to answer or be referred to the Developer Community. Starting at the Developer Community first might be preferable.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Ramakrishna Grandhi December 15, 2021

Thank you Daniel. This is helpful.

0 votes
Ramakrishna Grandhi December 14, 2021

@Daniel Eads @Clark Everson 

Tagging community leaders, to get some attention.

Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2021

Hi @Ramakrishna Grandhi 

Community Leaders are just members like yourself that are active here and may or may not have additional information on certain topics. Personally I have no knowledge on this topic and unsure if Daniel does either. I would just recommend keeping that in mind before pinging individuals.

If you need support from Atlassian directly then you would want to use their support website. 

In regards to this vulnerability all I know is was revealed last week and it affects some versions.

Wish I could be more help! Good Luck!

Best,

Clark

Like Daniel Eads likes this
Ramakrishna Grandhi December 14, 2021

Thanks Clark, i was under impression that community leaders are atlassian employees.  Hence the tag. Clearly my understanding is incorrect.

Suggest an answer