Link to ticket on agile board - open in new tab/ctrl+click

oliverpolden December 16, 2016

Before the recent update to "improve" the agile board you could open tickets in a new tab without opening the ticket summary to the right. I never use that because the page is just not wide enough and I don't find the summary view that useful preferring to view the ticket itself in a new tab however this is no longer possible because the ticket is no longer a hyperlink (as is good practice in web development) but for some reason Atlassian saw fit to remove it.

How can I open a ticket in a new tab without first opening the summary view?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user December 16, 2016

Actually you can right mouse button on the card key (PROJ-####) and open the issue in another tab or window, but it's true you can't just click on it any more.

oliverpolden December 16, 2016

Thanks Tom. Surprised I didn't try that but yes that works as before, it doesn't look like a link nor does the cursor change to indicate it's a link either.

Deleted user December 16, 2016

Shhhh...... it's a secret! 

wink

oliverpolden February 21, 2017

It does still work as per Tom's original answer.

Everest Hoxha February 21, 2017

Thank you @Oliver Polden, you're absolutely right.

0 votes
Nick Hustak January 30, 2018

While this does work and I've been using it for quite some time, it would be really nice for an option to make this the default.   It's irritating to have to use two hands when I'm just quick browsing or do use the mouse wheel click which sometimes does that 'full screen scroll' thing instead of opening the link in a new tab.

David Rossall September 15, 2020

The tip here is useful, but I agree that it would be much better just to be able to open a new tab directly. I find very little value in the summary view, and would rather hide it - but I need it in order to use the above two-step method to get to a new tab.

Suggest an answer