Link team boards to a program board so issues move together

jnijjar August 27, 2019

Hello,

I am wondering if this workflow is possible:

- I want to have a program level board where all the teams on the program appear with their issues and the current status of each.

- Each team will have their own board with the same columns as the program board.

- When issues on their board move along from to-do, in progress, test, etc. they will also change on the program board automatically.

Reasons for this:

A. for accurate metrics in Jira for each team so we don't have to hunt down each team's board nor have all the teams share one board.

B. Maintain a high level of clarity on our program.

C. Avoid having to manually duplicate issues and manually move them after issues on team's boards change status.

1 answer

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2019

Hi @jnijjar - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Yes, this is possible. Simply create a new filter for the program board that includes all of the projects that you want. The filter would look something like: Project in ("ABC", "DEF", "123", etc.)

I hope that helps!

jnijjar August 28, 2019

Thank you for the quick response.

I am running Jira cloud and made a project. However, on the board page, when I click the "more" option (...) I only see "Manage Rules" and there appears to be now way to add this filter you are talking about. Am I missing something here?

The project is a next-gen project.

Suggest an answer