Labels in new jira version

Jaime Viyuela May 9, 2019

I can´t find the "labels" in the new jira version..

I have to change to the old version if i want to include them

What can i do?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2019

Hi Jaime,

Just to make sure that we are on the same page, can you please let us know what is the type of the project?
I see that this question is flagged as Jira Core, but I saw that you also have Jira Software and Service Desk on your instance, so we need to confirm what type of project you can't find labels to post here the correct steps.

Regards,
Angélica

Jaime Viyuela May 12, 2019

IN all my jira projects (is jira software in cloud) happens the same.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2019

Is the project a next-gen one? To confirm if it's a next-gen you can check on the sidebar this information:

Screenshot 2019-05-15_09-54-45.png

If so, please go to Project settings > Issue types > Select the issue type and confirm if the field label is added.

Screenshot 2019-05-15_09-57-15.png

Jaime Viyuela May 15, 2019

When i click in project settings:_1.png

Then i click in the issue type and only this appears

_2.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
May 20, 2019

Thank you for the screenshots. The options are different because you are using a classic and not a next-gen project.
Please, go to the Project settings > Issue layout and click on Edit layout to check if the field Label appears on the list. Make sure that the field is placed on the "Primary fields" section.
Also, if possible, send us a screenshot of a ticket where the field label does not appear.

Jaime Viyuela May 20, 2019

Done.

Thanks

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer