Jira

Chris Miller January 23, 2018

I'm trying to open a requests on the Jira website and I can't.  I used to be able to however I can't now. 

When I log into our Jira website, I'm seeing:

"Jira support and updates for this license ended on 24/Jun/17.  JIRA updates created after 24/Jun/17 are not valid for this license."

I know that we purchased a year subscription, however I don't know why we are getting this. 

Is there anyway someone can look into and see if we purchased Jira in order to keep our software active?

thanks

3 answers

0 votes
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2018

Hi Chris

The installed software license is older than your license. You're not allowed to update your Jira instance without a valid license so you need to renew the license.

You can find information about this issue on this page.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2018

Go to your my.atlassian.com account and log in as the purchaser or a named contact.  You'll be able to see your licence in there.

The two most common things we see here is that people have genuinely forgotten that it's been longer than they think, or that they have a licence, but have not copied and pasted the new key into their Server.

Either way though, Atlassian are routing requests and support more through service desks than JAC now and that's probably why you can't raise issues there.  Https://support.atlassian.com/contact will guide you through to the right one.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2018

@Chris Miller, on the surface it appears your license has expired. You can verify this by going to settings > billing. If that is the case you need to renew. If however your license period has not expired then contact Atlassian Support.

Suggest an answer