Jira Upgrade 7.0.10 to 7.9.2, attachements problem

Julien NATAF July 9, 2018

Hello,

When i upgrade Jira Software, attachements is always there but not visible, why ?

image.png

Thank you

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2018

That usually happens when you've got the right data in the database, but the attachment file is physically missing from the the file system, or unreadable by the user Jira is running as.

Check the file system ownership of the attachments directory, and if the file is there (you'll probably need to look in the attachments table to work out what the file path is)

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2018

I've seen it happen many time when you migrate Jira and upgrade in a single step.  If the attachments are not yet in the $JIRAHOME/data/ folder at the time Jira starts to do the upgrade, then the filenames are not getting altered as per the upgrade, but the database tables that reference the filenames could be changed.

If that happens, I'd recommend reverting the upgrade, OR perform the upgrade again on a test server and this time make sure the attachments/avatars are in the correct position on the filesystem before starting up the upgraded version the first time.

Suggest an answer