Jira Time Tracking/Progress

Björn Rehme March 19, 2018

Hey,

I have a Problem while starting to work with jira and especially BigPicture, trying to illustrate Progress with a Project.
First let me explain my Problem: 
We have started to upgrade our users Computers from Windows 7/8 to Windows 10. So i created issues for nearly every Departement in our Companie to Show in Detail what we have already done.

I have a Problem with tracking the Progress in each Departement. The Story Points i assigned to each issue are the numbers of Computers in that Departement. That way we can see exactly how much work there is to do for each issue. My Problem is that I want to Show Progress. Is there a way I can Show how many Computers we have already finished and hoch many are left to convert to Windows 10? So lets say there are 30 Computers in one Departement and i want to say that we have converted 10 of the them. Is there a way to say that we finished 10 of 30 Story Points?

I have read this article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/configuring-estimation-and-tracking-764478030.html

The author talks about Sprints most of the time, but we use a canban board so we don't have any Sprints, am I right with that?
I also can't see an Original estimate field, while creating issues. Do I have to activate it somewhere in the Projects configuration?

Hope you can help with our Problem and if you can think of another way to help me, please let me know.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events