Jira ServiceNow Integration

Sean McGuire August 4, 2020

Hi all,

First post here & new to Jira, we are in the process of setting up a bi-direction Jira - SNOW integration (using Jira Spoke in SNOW) and all is going well except we are getting duplicate tickets created. On investigating further, it looks like the initial ticket is created as expected but seconds later a duplicate ticket seems to be triggered by the webhook.

We suspect we will need 2 webhooks (create & update) with different JQL queries to support the integration process.

I'm not sure how to configure the JQL for 'create'

Our update JQL looks like this : JQL: project = "Hyper Care" AND issuetype = Bug 

I'm not sure how to set it up for 'create' to stop the duplicate. I suspect it will be something like:  project = "Hyper Care" AND issuetype = Bug AND <<created by is SNOW Integration user

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Sean

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2020

Hi @Sean McGuire 

For the example provided, it would likely be:

project = "Hyper Care" and issuetype = Bug and creator = "Snow Integration User"

^ Whether this works is dependent on the use-case. Is this issues (and therefore the duplicate) being created in Jira from SNOW?

Perhaps give this a go and let us know some more specifics if it doesn't work as expected :)

Ste

Sean McGuire August 4, 2020

Thanks Stephen, thought that might be the case.

Much appreciated.

madhu_tejas March 25, 2021

Hello Stephen/Sean,

I have a similar Use Case where Issue needs to be created in Jira from Snow using web hook. But also creates a duplicate back in SNOW

I tried using the JQL Used--> issuetype = Incident AND creator = 557058:3404828b-aa5b-41b3-b39b-adf096667073

No luck yet.

Please let me know if anything worked.

Thanks

Madhu

Pavani Kothapalli June 28, 2021

Hi, 

I am facing the same issue , when new comment is created in jira from Snow  using webhook.

please let me know if any solution is there to fix this,

Thanks in advance

Pavani

0 votes
Dhiren Notani_Exalate_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2024

Hi @Sean McGuire ,

I am Dhiren from the Exalate Team.

Thanks for asking your question here!

To integrate Jira and ServiceNow, you can even use a fully flexible integration solution like Exalate.

You can sync any tickets bi-directionally between both of these platforms and also choose what fields to map/sync.

Thanks, Dhiren

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2024

Hi @Dhiren Notani_Exalate_ 

Please don't post on questions which are from years ago - it's not necessary, when the question was answered back in 2020.

I'm closing this question due to its age.

Ste

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events