Jira Service Desk Comment Types

Matthew Goldsmith November 28, 2017

As we've deployed JSD, I've noticed that some of our projects have different interfaces for adding comments, like such:

image.pngimage.png

Is it possible to change these interfaces? For example adjusting a project of the bottom type to present the option of whether or not to Share with customer?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2017

I suspect that's the project type and possibly who your user is.

The top one is from a Service Desk project where you have customers as end users, and Agents to talk to them.  The bottom shot is from a non-Service Desk project, which customers have nothing to do with directly and can't see anything to do with it.

Matthew Goldsmith November 29, 2017

That's mostly correct: one is from a Helpdesk type project and the other is from a Project Management type project, I believe. Where that doesn't match up is that all of our projects involve communicating with our customers. Would that imply that the only way to get the comment format we want is to recreate the Project Management projects as Helpdesks, then reuse the workflow from the old projects? 

Suggest an answer