Jira Program [Beta]

Joe Galea July 17, 2017

I have setup Jira Program as instructed using initiatives with one plan.  I also configured my instance of Jira server to enable the dark feature -com.atlassian.portfolio.programView.  

Yet I am unable to create a program in Portfolio.  Is there documentation other than -https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/program-931037964.html that I need to read?

Thanks

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2017

Hi Joe,

I just tried this in a 7.4.1 instance and I was able to get the Program menu after enabling the dark feature.  I did re-index as suggested.  Once that was complete I went to Create:

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 10.11.02 AM.png

From there I had the option to create a Program:

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 10.10.54 AM.png

I did not see a version this is specific to, however, if you let me know what version of JIRA you are using I can see if that particular version could be the culprit. 

Cheers,

Branden

Joe Galea August 2, 2017

I am currently using JIra 7.4.1 and Portfolio 2.3.0.  Both have active licenses until end of Aug '17.  I've disabled and re-enabled the dark feature for programview to see if that was the culprit - no go.  In my view of the pulldown menu of Portfolio I still see "Create Plan" which tells me that the program feature has not been enabled.

Do I need to stop and re-start the service?   What other options do I have?

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2017

Hi Joe,

If you made the changes and did not restart JIRA you will need to do so.  Anytime you modify JIRA files in the JIRA_INSTALL or JIRA_HOME folder you will need to restart JIRA for those changes to take effect.

Cheers,

Branden

Joe Galea August 2, 2017

Hi Branden,

Thanks for the reply.  I restarted the service and performed a reindexing.  No change.

Any other suggestions?

Regards,

Joe

Consulente Atlassian August 16, 2017

I am trying to activate this function but I can not read the full url, please can send me the right url ?

0 votes
Joe Galea July 27, 2017

I am currently using JIra 7.4.1 and Portfolio 2.3.0.  Both have active licenses until end of Aug '17.  I've disabled and re-enabled the dark feature for programview to see if that was the culprit - no go.  In my view of the pulldown menu of Portfolio I still see "Create Plan" which tells me that the program feature has not been enabled.

Do I need to stop and re-start the service?   What other optionsdo I have?

Thanks,

Joe

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2017

A nagging doubt - did you also install and licence Portfolio?

Joe Galea August 2, 2017

Yep, I am currently using JIra 7.4.1 and Portfolio 2.3.0.  Both have active licenses until end of Aug '17.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question