Jira Premium - how to plan dependency between two jira instances in the same organization

maciej.fojtar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 22, 2024

In Jira Premium, in Plan feature I would like to plan dependencies between issues (epics) for two jira instances that are in the same organization.

Currently I can only link issues but they are not displayed in dependencies view

1 answer

0 votes
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2024

Hi @maciej.fojtar

as far as I know, you can only plan in issues from all projects within one instance. So, natively you can't include issues from other instances.

However, you can use marketplace apps to accomplish this. An issue sync app enables you to synchronize issues between Jira instances. So, you could sync the issues of the other instance (bidirectionally) and use the planning capabilities in your main Jira instance.

Would that work?

Cheers,
Matthias.

PS: I'm part of the team behind one of these issue sync apps, Backbone Issue Sync.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events