Jira-Migration License-Problem

Hello Jira-Support,

I want to migrate the Jira-Service-Desk from my company to another clean Jira.

To do this, I exported the complete Jira and delete all projects and users that do not belong to service-Desk. I did an export and now I imported this file into the new Jira.

The Import works perfect - but I have problems with the licenses. I configured the new Jira-Server-license at the beginning of the Import and now I am not able to add the service-desk. In the logs I cannot find any information - it only says "No plugins found to be installed"

Thank you for your help!

Greetings

Uwe Müller

1 answer

0 vote

Are you installing it from "manage applications"?  What are the first lines in the log after you click "install"?

Yes I try to install the jira-server from the manage-applications menu.

The first log lines are:

/rest/plugins/1.0/installed-marketplace[c.a.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader] No plugins found to be installed

/rest/plugins/self-update/1.0/ [c.a.upm.pac.PacClientImpl] Update check request may take longer because of the number of add-ons

Ok, you'll need to look through the rest of the logs for warnings and errors.

What is showing in the "manage applications" though?  Just "not installed"?

I cannot find other warnings.

yes I can see "Jira Software is licensed but not installed at the moment"

If it doesn't install when you ask it to, then it will be telling you why in the logs.

Maybe we should start from the beginning:

Can you tell me if the planned migration-way is a good one - or should we try it in another way.

Is it better to install service-desk-plugin before I restore the sytem from the zip.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Mar 28, 2018 in Jira Software

Can a company’s culture make or break agile adoption?

Can a new-to-agile team survive and thrive in a non-agile culture? If so, what advice would you give to those trying to be agile in a non-agile culture? What's the key(s) to success? Share your thoug...

13,176 views 15 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you