Jira - Linked issues - When extracted not visble in search

Has November 12, 2018

Hi all,

I am hoping one of you geniuses can help us out.

When we want to extract issues in CSV, not all the linked issues are visible. 

When I link issue A (from project A) to issue B (from project B) with "Depends On", the issue is visible in the CSV.

But when I extract the CSV list from project B, issue B does not have a linked issue even tho it is visible in Jira in the linked issues as "Needed for".

Is there a way that we can link them two ways? So in BOTH exports they are visible? 

If you need any more information, to not hesitate to ask me! 

Thank you for your help 

Has 

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2018

Hello Has,

Actually, when you link an issue to another one, both issues are properly linked to each other, so it's a two-way relationship. :)

In order to better understand your issue and provide you with more information about it, we need the following information:

- What are the JQL queries you are using to export both CSV files?

- For project A, you mentioned that the issues of project B are properly appearing as linked issues in the CSV exported. Can you take a screenshot displaying how it is appearing to you? More specifically, what is the field in the CSV file that is giving you the link type of the issues?

Has November 14, 2018

Hi Petterson,

Thank you for your reply.

The Jira helpdesk told me this is a known bug. Here you can find the information: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-63388

Thank 

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2018

Hello Has,

Thank you a lot for your feedback!

Suggest an answer