Jira Filtering for task with links and display linked issues epics

JW
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 1, 2024

Using Jira v8.20.3 with scriptrunner plugin and Easy BI

Looking for a way to display a linked tasks epic name, see diagram below:

Jira Request for Linked Task Epics.png

Thanks for our help!

2 answers

0 votes
Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2024

Hi @JW ,

The first step is defining and importing the issue link between the tasks. Please see the eazyBI documentation page for details - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira/advanced-data-import-options/import-issue-links.

After you have imported the issue links, you can create a report with the Issue dimension "Issue" level members in report rows and the Epic Link dimension in report pages. In pages, select the desired Epic and the list of issues will be filtered. Add the issue link property, in the example below, "Issue Blocked issues" to verify the correct set of linked issues are retrieved. After that, define a new calculated measure with a formula similar to the one below:

Generate(
[Issue].[Issue].GetMembersByKeys(
[Measures].[Issue Blocked issues]
),
[Issue].CurrentMember.GetString('Epic Link'), ", "
)

It will return the Epic keys of the linked issues. In cases, the linked issue doesn't have an Epic, you will see the value "null". Replace "Issue Blocked issues" with the issue link you defined in the first step.

The result could look similar to the one below:

SCR-20240507-nzjk.png

Please look at the eazyBI documentation page for more information on defining calculated measures - ​https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/analyze-and-visualize/calculated-measures-and-members.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com

0 votes
Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2024

Is it possible that a single Task could have more than one 'is blocked by' link associated with it?

JW
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 6, 2024

Yes

Suggest an answer