Jira Databawse Schema

Anya A'Hearn August 30, 2011

Hello,

I would like to put a 3 party visualization tool ontop of the Jira Data, instead of using the dashboard widgets. Is it possibla to connect to the Jira Database and if so, could you provide instructions as well as schema documentation.

Thank you

Anya

2 answers

0 votes
Anya A'Hearn September 14, 2011

Thanks

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2011

Urk, I wouldn't. But start at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Database+Schema to get the basic parts of the schema understood.

The reason I wouldn't do it is that by using SQL directly, you're dropping caching and putting a potentially vast strain on the database. If your 3rd party tool does caching, good, although it'll struggle as it won't be updating it's cache fully in step with the database. Some sites I've worked at have ameliorated the load factor by working off replicated slave servers.

Anya A'Hearn August 31, 2011

Thank you for your prompt response. I do not want to modify or updated any information to the database, but rather have read only access. I can extract and store in memory a time sliced view of the data. Please, how do I point to the database and connect to it.

Thank you,
Anya

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2011

That depends on your database. Connecting to a database isn't really a Jira question, and you haven't told us what your database is, or what technology your 3rd party system is based on. It would be no good me banging on about jdbc if you're on a non java system, or nhibernate if you were.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events