Jira - Controlling Access to a Project through Permissions / Web Interface.

Gavin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

I was trying to control access to my Jira project.  Which options are possible?

Desire:

Option1

• Allow: users to only interact with Issues that they are either
    • "assigned" to as a
      • watcher
      • participant
  • Deny: Access or visibility to any issues that they are not "assigned" to the individuals

Option2

• Allow users to send a request through an email (already configured)
  • But not allow user to login to the Jira interface

Gaurav

2 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Hi Gavin,

Option 1: Yes, you can accomplish that by using Issue Level Security. You can learn more about that here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-issue-level-security-776636711.html

Option 2: Yes, you should be able to do that using a Jira Service Management project. Configure the Email Requests part. 

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

Hi, @Gavin !

I agree with John on "Option 1". 

On "Option 2" you can configure incoming mail handler for this - Create issues and comments from email .

In JSM - it will be more comfortable because Customers don't need an Jira licences. 

If you have an Jira Core or Jira Software - you should configure creation from "Robot" and make any custom automations to get "sender's email" and configure custom notifications to them( I made it in Jira Core Server with JMWE-app, for example).

Suggest an answer