Jira Cloud Slack App is not showing user mention

Stephen Li Yilin July 16, 2019

When user mention is used in JIRA ticket comments, the Slack notification is showing @undefined. I have tried that if the user mention is used in JIRA ticket description, it will display correctly in Slack notification. But somehow the comments are not showing the right user mention.

Screenshot 2019-07-16 at 4.46.40 PM.png

1 answer

1 vote
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2019

Hello Stephen,

Per your description, it seems you have mentioned the same users on both Description and comment, however, only when you mention him on Comment it is added as @undefined. Is it correct?

I believe the root cause of your issue must be the bug below:

User Email Visibility Hidden Causes @mention to show 'undefined' email address

Could you please check if your username appears as Undefined when you mention them in the JIRA ticket like in the screenshot below?

Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 15.40.29.png

If you are able to reproduce it, we recommend to vote and watch the bug to receive notifications about any updates. To fix it, you can ask the customer to set his e-mail as visible again, in case there are no privacy violations for you.

Let me know if this information helps.

Stephen Li Yilin July 18, 2019

Hi Petterson, this is not really our case. For my case, it shows correctly inside Jira Cloud. But it shows @undefined inside the slack notification (using Slack Jira Cloud plugin)

Suggest an answer