Jira Automation - New Jira issue from Confluence add label

Gavin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2021

Overview:

• So we have both jira and confluence integration
  • In confluence we can highlight text and create a jira issue with the highlighted text.

Desire:

• I would like the ability to create a jira automation that:
    • if a new issue is created and it's from confluence it adds a specified label.

Issue:

• What unique attribute can be sure to identify this issue that it came from confluence?
    • The difference between the regular issue and confluence generated issue is that there is "Issue Links" section that states "mentioned In" and then the name of the confluence article name.
      • These don't seem accurate enough since there are other issues that are not generated from confluence but have the Issue linked and mentioned in attributes.

thanks

1 answer

0 votes
nmenere
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2021

hi @Gavin ,

Unfortunately I don't think there is going be way to do this as we haven't implemented support for Remote Issue Links. I also don't think there is an issue property that Confluence sets. Sorry.

Cheers,
Nick Menere
Automation Group Product Manager

Gavin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2021

Thats unfortunate.  Would a worthwhile effort to provide a identifiable bridge between confluence and jira.  Will save so much time in housekeeping and just post processing.

Suggest an answer