Jira 8.0.1 self hosted. Can't execute any search

Samuele Pretini March 14, 2019

I have installed Jira 8.0.1 (self hosted) and than I can't execute any search. The search button does nothing.

How can I solve the problem?

Thanks a lot

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2019

Samuele,

Can you please check your Jira Server logs when you attempt the search and let us know the lines that show up at that time that say ERROR, including the "caused by" portion below it?

The actual log files generated by Jira can be found in the following locations:

• Jira application log  bin/atlassian-jira.log
  • Application server log — generally the application server log file can be found under the logs directory. However, this can vary depending on the application server you are running.

Please also let us know the following:

1. Your database version
  2. Java version
  3. Which method you used to install Jira and the exact steps you followed so far.
  4. Does this occur for all users?
  5. Does this occur on all browsers, or only certain ones?

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Shannon

Hi Shannon,

no lines are written in atlassian-jira.log, nor in catalina.out.

Seems that the button don't rise the call to the server. I click on the "Search" button but nothing happen on the server.

• database version: postgres 9.4
  • java version: 8
  • I have followed the Atlassian guide: I have downloaded the tar archive, than I have un tar the file, I have created the home folder, configured Jira setup file (for home folder) and than startup jira and completed the configuration
  • Yes
  • Yes: I have tested also for Firefox and Safari

This problem is very important for us!!!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2019

That's very odd that nothing is even being written to the Jira logs.

1. Can you try the same in Incognito/Private Browsing mode and with all add-ons in your browser disabled?
  2. Also check in Developer Tools > Network tab in Chrome, clear the current results, and then trigger again, and let us know what you see.

Regards,

Shannon

No request is sent to the server when I try to perform a search.

Same problem using a anonymous session with Chrome.

I have also the har file and the browser console file with no messages

I have see a interesting thing:

when I wrote a JQL the url is not modified and remain:

https://boards.sketchin.ch/issues/?jql=

if I modify manually the url so:

https://boards.sketchin.ch/issues/?jql=project=pho the search is made and the url is modified as: https://boards.sketchin.ch/issues/?jql=project%3Dpho

So, the cause is that url is not modified by the search form. WHY ?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 15, 2019

HI Samuele,

Thank you so much for providing that information. We noticed an error in your browser logs:

Uncaught TypeError: t.widget.extend is not a function

Generally, this can point out to an add-on in Jira that is failing to load something. It could either be an add-on that conflicts with another, or needs to be updated.

Can you try to enable safe mode on Jira (disable all add-ons) and see if you're able to replicate the problem? 

Regards,

Shannon

Samuele Pretini March 15, 2019

Thanks Shannon, 

I have found the problem: Calendar for Jira plugin.

Now I'm writing to them to raise a issue.

Thanks

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 15, 2019

Samuele,

That's great news! Thank you for letting me know which add-on it was.

If you get a response from them feel free to update the thread here.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer