Jira 6 : add sprint management permission (start, close...) to users

Neji
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 19, 2018

Hello

I'm using Jira 6 (so there is not the new "Manage Sprints" permission).

I'd like to allow some users to start and close sprints, but I can't give them administrator roles.

How can I achieve this goal ?

Thanks,

Neji

2 answers

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2018

You will not be permitted to start a sprint, unless all of following conditions are met:

• You can only start a sprint if there is no active sprint. While a sprint is active in Work mode, you can still plan subsequent sprints in Plan mode, but you won't be able to start one until the active sprint is completed. (You can, however, drag and drop an issue in Plan mode onto the active sprint.)
  • You will need to have the JIRA 'Administer Projects' permission in the project(s) included in the board. This means that if your board includes issues from multiple projects, you need to have the 'Administer Projects' permission in each of those projects.
  • Ranking must be enabled on the board.
  • Only the planned sprint at the top of the backlog can be started. If you want to start a sprint that is lower in the list, you'll need to Reorder the sprint to move it to the top of the backlog. (This doesn't apply when Parallel Sprints are enabled)
0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2018

Hi @Neji,

I don't have Jira 6 anymore, but as long as I remember, this was not possible. You have to give them project administration permission.

Suggest an answer