JQL to get issues with No Linked issues

Rag February 17, 2021

JQL, to get the issues of a project for which Links is Empty OR  they are not linked to any other issues.

5 answers

2 votes
Jürgen Wagner May 27, 2022

I just discovered something like this:

project = xxxx AND issueLinkType not in (tests)

This way you can search for specific relations. the parameter is EMPTY does not work in my version.

Greetings

Jürgen

1 vote
mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2021

Hi @Rag,

I tested "issueLinkType is EMPTY" and I can see Subtask are being included in the result.

If you would like to exclude Subtask from the result, you can use the following JQL:

issueLinkType is EMPTY and issuetype not in subtaskIssueTypes()

If you are still getting results that include linked issues, please provide some samples for troubleshooting.

Rag February 18, 2021

Hi @mogavenasan 

I tried the same JQL as you mentioned above.

But here the Linked issues are not subtasks,  there are linked to other projects in the same instance.Linked 3.png

After using the JQL, we can see the linked issues in the Links Column.

Please have a look of the screenshot,  my idea is to get tickets of project "A" for which they are not linked to issues in any other project B, C, D  of the same instance

mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2021

Hi @Rag,

I just did some reading on "issueLinkType" - it looks like it's quite buggy. You will need to use the workaround from JRACLOUD-73640.

I'm experiencing the same behaviour as you as well. I am able to reproduce it. 

0 votes
Burak Kaya February 21, 2021

Hi Mahesh,

Apart from the bug which mentioned on previous comments, you can use JQL below if you have "Script Runner for Jira" plugin on your instance;

issueFunction not in hasLinks()

Best Regards,
Burak

0 votes
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

You can use the below query:

project = <Project_name> AND issueLinkType is EMPTY

Rag February 17, 2021

Tried the above JQL but still i am getting the Linked issues,  the column Links is still showing issues linked to iBitt 2.png

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021
Rag February 17, 2021

Tried the above JQL but still i am getting the Linked issues,  the column Links is still showing issues linked to iBitt 2.png

Suggest an answer