JQL query for multi-checkboxes

Flavio Baldoni
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 17, 2018

Is there a JQL function that permits me to query a custom field of type multi-checkbox to know if a subset of the checkboxes are checked. For example, I would like to have a custom field called favorite color with options red, green, and blue. I would then like to query the field to know if red and green are checked simultaneously.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

2 votes
Flavio Baldoni
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 19, 2018

Unfortunately, Nic's answer did not work for me, but I found something that did work. On my instance of Jira there was a function available named "uncheckedItem" that did what I wanted. I don't know if this function is native to Jira, or if it comes from some installed plugin.

Here is an example. In this case the name of the field that has the mutli-checkbox is "Acceptance Criteria"

project = "Development Project" AND issuetype = "Development Project" AND "Dev Acceptance Criteria" = uncheckedItem("PM Requirements Accepted")

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2018

Try

"favourite colour" = red and "favourite colour" = green

Suggest an answer