JQL - Cloud Version - getting all tests covering a List of Stories

Stephen Adcock March 17, 2021

We moved to the Cloud version over the weekend.  We knew some advanced queries might not work but not which ones.

This was an important one to us:

issuetype = 'Test' and key in requirementTests('Requirements saved filter'

as it gave results filtered from another filter

now, when i run this (equivalent to above):

issuetype = "Xray Test" AND key in requirementTests('DOne - Active STORYs by PO - Onboarding')

i get this error:

Unable to find JQL function 'requirementTests(DOne - Active STORYs by PO - Onboarding)'.

of course i have tried simplifying the name of the second query to see if spaces or characters were the issue but same problem.

so the question is:

1) does 'requirementTests' function work in the Cloud version?

2) if so, does it work on the results of another filter?

3) if NOT, does anyone have a work around to -> pull the TESTS associated with a list of STORYs (list of STORYs comprised of a results of another query)

1 answer

1 vote
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2021

Hi @Stephen Adcock ,

according to this article JQL functions are not available in cloud version (this is the same article for server for comparison).

Xpand IT (vendor of XRAY) states "Jira Cloud does not provide a mechanism to implement them (= JQL functions)", so I don't think there will be any workaround possible :-(.

Stephen Adcock March 17, 2021

@Hana Kučerová  thanks for the reply.  i am very upset at this as this seems like it would be a common thing to want to do, common enough to have a function for it in the 'on prem' version...

thanks so much!!!!

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2021

@Stephen Adcock I believe the vendor would love to implement it, but they can't. Development for cloud is very different and some things are not possible now. And maybe ever won't be :-(.

Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2021

Hi @Stephen Adcock 

It is exactly as @Hana Kučerová said, due to the Cloud Architecture currently, it is not possible to have Xray's JQL functions, which doesn't allow us access to the Jira Database, stopping us from creating JQL functions.

This is why the JQL functions we provide in Xray Server are not available in Xray Cloud.

If you need further help, please contact the Xray Support (http://xraysupport.xpand-it.com).

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Suggest an answer