JIRA subscribe - How to send the mail to Assignee only not everyone

ahmed itman October 15, 2019

I created a filter to get all unresolved issues for specific project and saved it.

When i am trying to create a Filter Subscription for only the assignee not all users, So who to do it .

Thanks 

3 answers

3 votes
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2019

Hi @ahmed itman

In the filter you can user and assignee = currentUser(). With this, even you subscribe all jirausers, only assignee will get the notification not others.

And please make sure you, uncheck Email this filter, even if there are no issues found

ahmed itman October 15, 2019

Thanks @Sreenivasaraju P 

Is it applicable to customize Email Formats like( body, subject ) ?

Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2019

Hi,

We can modify vm files but it will impact all subscriptions from this instance. (generally not recommeded).

Anyway subject is same as your filter name and body will have the columns you have set for the filters. You can update these as per your requirement

Like ahmed itman likes this
Anish Ukani
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 20, 2021

@Sreenivasaraju P Not sure if I understand your statement "In the filter you can user and assignee = currentUser()". Is something missing in this. I would really like to be able to implement this as I have several JIRA tickets assigned to many users that I would like to get their attention in one email. FYI - I am new to Confluence/JIRA. Thanks.

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2019

Hmm.. That is a little bit illogical for me since if someone is already assigned to a ticket does not need to be informed by email subscription that he is assigned to a list of tickets... After logging in to Jira all people can see a dashboard or board with all of the tickets that they need to work on.

Would be better to inform a group a people that there are Unresolved (and Unassigned) tickets in project and should be addressed. 

Anyway if you still want to have it I think that you might try doing this..

Add specific people to a Jira group.. create a filter that would have a dynamic JQL value included something like "assignee = currentUser()" .. save filter and subscribe it to a group that you defined. Then (maybe) it would send a subscription to all people defined in a group that are assigned to at least one ticket.

0 votes
fran garcia gomera
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2019

I don't think that makes much sense in jira way of thinking, when you filter can be a lot of different assignees.

As a workaround, if you always have the same assignee you could create a group with only one member (or easier, tell him to subscribe himself)

If you have multiple assignees and you want everyone of them to receive only their issues, I'm afraid you will need to create different filters

Suggest an answer