JIRA plugin permissions

Sebastien Falardeau September 18, 2012

Hi,

We have a plugin called Email This Issue that is used to send the issue via email. This plugin also automatically insert a comment on the issue stating that it was sent via email. For one of our project, this is really a bad thing since we are using notifications that are sent to the entire company. How can I restrict that plugin from writing comments on the issue ? I've tried restricting commenting for one group only but the plugin seems to still find his way through.

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sebastien Falardeau October 9, 2012

I was finally able to do what I wanted by creating a Project Role with the name IssueMailSender and assign users to it in your projects.

If a project role with this name is used in your project and the current user is member of this role, then the operation will be displayed, otherwise not.

0 votes
Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2012

If you look at the Plugin home page (here), in the comment section, it said the following:

Comments are added to the issue if the user sends the email. The comment includes recipients' email address, email subject, list of attachments and the email body.

Comments are created using Velocity templates. There is a template for text based comments (templates/emailissue/comment/text/email-this-issue-comment.vm) and one for wiki markup comments (templates/emailissue/comment/wiki/email-this-issue-comment.vm) bundled in the plugin jar. You can easily customize them to create a format you like.

I think if you just go to that velocity template and remove the write command or such, it would stop logging in comments. Or delete the file, I thik that's what I end up doing...

hope this helps!

Suggest an answer