JIRA failed to start

Jeff Hall
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 31, 2011

I am trying to upgrade to 4.3.3 from 4.2.2 and keep getting the following error:

JIRA Startup Failed You cannot access JIRA at present. Look at the table below to identify the reasons   Description   The following plugins are required by JIRA, but have not been started:   * Gadget Directory Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.directory) * Atlassian OAuth Admin Plugin (com.atlassian.oauth.admin) * Embedded Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.embedded) * Gadget Dashboard Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.dashboard) * JIRA Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.gadgets) * Atlassian REST - Module Types (com.atlassian.plugins.rest.atlassian-rest-module) * FishEye Plugin (com.atlassian.jirafisheyeplugin) * Gadget Spec Publisher Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.publisher) * JIRA REST Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.rest) * Atlassian OAuth Service Provider Plugin (com.atlassian.oauth.serviceprovider) * Opensocial Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.opensocial)

2 answers

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2011

Look in the JIRA_HOME/logs directory, you should have a file named "atlassian-jira.log". Please post relevant exceptions after startup (including the "caused by")

0 votes
justindowning
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2011

Try this:

1. Stop JIRA
  2. In the JIRA_HOME directory, delete the directories JIRA_HOME/plugins/.osgi-plugins and JIRA_HOME/plugins/.bundled-plugins
  3. Start JIRA
Jeff Hall
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 31, 2011

No, I tried this and still have the same error.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events