JIRA Sprint Schedule - how do I establish?

Edie Robbins
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 1, 2019

I am trying to establish a Sprint Schedule in JIRA using 2 week increments.  For example:  Sprint 0 went from March 18th to May 14th.  Sprint 1:  5/15/19 - 5/28, Sprint 2: 5/29 - 6/11, Sprint 3: 6/12 - 6/25, Sprint 4: 6/26 - 7/9, Sprint 5: 7/10 - 7/23.

How do I establish this schedule in JIRA so I can view my Release plan by Sprint with dates instead of creating that Release Plan in Excel?  

I had this at my last job; but, my new JIRA at my new employer is a next-gen project and I cannot locate where I establish my Sprint Schedule.  All I can do is create the Product Backlog, Sprint and Roadmaps (which have no real dates attached since I can't figure out how to attach the dates any other way than Story by Story, which is an inefficient use of my and my team's time). 

1 answer

1 vote
Dwight Pfundstein May 1, 2019

First  add items to your backlog.

Drag items from backlog to current sprint.

Click "Start Sprint"  a box will display where you can set up a 2 week sprint..

abdulwaheed756
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 27, 2021

The dialogue box mentioned here can be used to set the schedule for the sprint being started. The question, in my understanding, is to create a schedule of multiple sprints at once. After the schedule is created, the sprint value and corresponding dates are automatically picked up at the time of starting a new sprint. I have done this myself before but now I cannot find the option to create a sprint schedule in advance.

Sumit
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 3, 2023

Correct I am looking to create yearly schedule at Organization level so that any project can pick up same sprint schedule

Suggest an answer