JIRA Saved filter using Team field in JQL

Natalia Caban February 12, 2019

I don't know how to create Jira filter with team fields (not a group). 

something like example below which perfectly works for group:

If the filter condition is project = PROJECT AND reporter in membersOf("Group") 

I need to be able to see working hours spent for specific projects by one team

6 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Orlando Kelly January 16, 2021

try "Team[Team]" =

Toby Jackson January 20, 2021

This is the answer.

As you enter the = JIRA shows a popup of all the teams, and once you select the nicely formatted name it gets replaced by an unguessable ID value.

Presumably this is because the ID won't change, but team names can, so it gets normalised at the point of creating the search interface, but it'd be lovely if this was somehow a little more intuitive for users.

Like Michael Mack likes this
Luiz Gonzaga dos Santos Filho
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 15, 2021

This didn't work for me :(
I created the team, copied it's id, as made a search with "Team[Team]" = 123id456, didn't work, also tried with "Team[Team] = "My team name", also didn't work. What am I missing?

Like Tkachuk Vladyslav likes this
Tkachuk Vladyslav
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 30, 2021

The same is for me. Any updates regarding this issue?

Kevin Steen May 12, 2021

@Natalia Caban @Tkachuk Vladyslav & @Luiz Gonzaga dos Santos Filho 

This worked for me, once i added "Team[Team] =" and clicked the space, i was presented with a dropdown list of Shared Teams note it was only shared teams that appeared in the list

Like # people like this
Kenyon Barnette July 21, 2021

Something that tripped me up until recently is that there are Atlassian Teams and there are Jira Teams. The Atlassian Team is self organizing and helps provide visibility however they will not appear in the JQL Team[TEAM] field. That is the Jira Team that is managed in Plans (as part of Advanced Roadmaps?). Once I had that sorted out I created a Jira Team under Plans which allows my team to show up as an option using JQL. 

Where I am currently stuck is searching for issues where the assignee is in that team. When I search on that field I get no results. When I search for tickets assigned to the users in that team, I get the expected results. The Team field is a drop down field and I'm wondering if that needs to be added to the issues and then set?

Like # people like this
Kevin Steen July 21, 2021

@Kenyon Barnette an issue will need the "Teams" field added to its screen AND the team value will need to be selected within each issue you wish to be able to query. 

Like # people like this
Fernanda Montes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 13, 2022

This worked for me, thanks so much!

2 votes
Joe Sparks December 18, 2020

I am in the same boat.  I can create a Team, but I cannot use that team for searching in JQL.  It would be very useful to be able to add a Quick Filter to a sprint board to quickly only show items that belong to that specific team.  Otherwise, the quick filter has to list all members of the team and causes extra overhead when members change teams.

2 votes
Ayelet Ben-Tzur November 22, 2020

Hi @Natalia Caban , did you ever find a solution for this? I'm struggling with the same thing - I want to find assignee from my Team. Otherwise, why would I bother adding people to Team if I can't JQL on that?

1 vote
Venugopala Naidu February 12, 2019

Hi @Natalia Caban,

Please refer below url , you will get the clarification obout JQL

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver078/advanced-searching-947191078.html

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracore/blog/2015/07/search-jira-like-a-boss-with-jql

And try this below queries: 

Project = "XXXX"  AND Reporter in(venu, caban,etc) 

or   

project = ISSUE AND reporter in membersOf("Support Issue Group")

Regards,

Venugopal.

Natalia Caban February 12, 2019

Hi, 
although I'm not looking for a solution for specific user neither for a group only for teams :) 

Like # people like this
Venugopala Naidu February 12, 2019

Hi @Natalia Caban

The "Team" field is commonly used by different plugins like tempo, portfolio etc.

Thus, first you need to be sure that this field is  NOT a locked field but instead a field created by you with a list of team values. Secondly for a custom field to show values in basic search view you have to make sure that the "context" mapping for that custom field is available for all the issueTypes and Projects selected by the options before. Only then you will see the values. 

Regards, 

Venugopal

0 votes
Teena Monte
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 16, 2021

This worked for me:
"Team[Radio Buttons]" = "replace_this_with-your_team_name"

Joanna Kłak
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 24, 2022

hi, @Teena Monte  could you share whole jql filter?

project="XXX" and Team[embedded]=??? what should I put it?? 

Bino J
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 4, 2024

Thanks, This worked. The team name got replaced with some UID and it worked

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2019

Hello,

From what plugin is the Team field?

If from the Tempo plugin then you could use a JQL like this:

assignee in team("Team Tango")

Nathalie Starr December 5, 2019

I suspect what @Natalia Caban is looking to be able to search with is the next-gen new feature called teams - https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/start-a-team-976161200.html

Searching using something like membersOf("Support Issue Group") does NOT work for this feature, neither does team("Team Tango")

Neither function works for this next-gen feature. 

The question is - how or can we search using these new team groupings?

Like # people like this
Marcelo Gallego March 17, 2022

Does anyone have a new update about this really useful and necessary question??

Like # people like this
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2023

Hi

Does anyone know if it is possible to check is a user is a member of an Atlassian Team.

If still not an option I would like to give a customer of definitive answer. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events