JIRA Installation - Setup SQL DB on web host

Kevin Chin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 11, 2017

Hi there, I'm trying to setup JIRA for our team. I'm at the stage where we are creating the DB. For this, I'd like to know whether it is possible to create this DB with our web hosting provider. When I log into the cPanel, I know I can creat a SQL Db. But I'm not sure how to install the MySQL Connector/J in cPanel, or even if it is necessary. I've been searching for the last few days for steps on how to do this, but can't find any. Thanks in advance for your help!!!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2017

From the many questions we've seen about cPanel, it does seem like it's too primitive or inflexible to give you the ability to install Atlassian products properly.

If you don't have cPanel, the process is simple at its heart: create an empty database, run the installer and tell it where to install and find its empty database.  You don't need "MySQL Connector" to have anything to do with anything outside Jira, so I'm not sure what you're trying to do or why here?

Suggest an answer