JIRA Api - Different Syntax Format

Michael Tran
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 15, 2019

Hello.  I am accessing Jira via the API with our ETL Tool.  When I connect and pull down fields it puts it into a format that I have never seen.  I have pasted a snippet of the 'field' names below.  Does anyone know happen to know what format or syntax the field names are in and how I can try and find a list.  

I am running into an issue when I try and pull down the 'subtasks' field and write to a table to see what fields are underneath.  This is the error:  

Database error occurred: CREATE TABLE failed because column 'subtasks[46].fields.Title' in table 'tran_test' exceeds the maximum of 1024 columns.

Linked_Issues[2].type.id
Linked_Issues[2].type.inward
Linked_Issues[2].type.name
Linked_Issues[2].type.outward
Linked_Issues[2].type.self
reporter.active
reporter.avatarUrls.16x16
reporter.avatarUrls.24x24
reporter.avatarUrls.32x32
reporter.avatarUrls.48x48

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2019

Ok, so we are going to need a lot more info about "I am accessing Jira via the API with our ETL Tool"

Everything you have written after that point appears to be what this tool is doing.  Some of the bits are definitely Jira data, but it is all as the tool is interpreting it.  We can't really help you here - we have less information about what your tool is doing with the Jira data than you do!

Michael Tran
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 18, 2019

JIRA RM Snapsho.png

Sorry I'll try and provide more context.  I am using a an ETL tool called Rapidminer to acess the JIRA Api.  I've pasted a screenshot of the 'query' operator. 

I then have to use another 'operator(function)' to convert it from 'JSON' to a format that I can work with.  From there I do other adjustments to the data but those 'field' names already come through like the photo I posted initially. 

JSON Op.png

Suggest an answer