JIRA Agile plug-in error following upgrade to 6.3.2.2 (Build: #83906a18b2fe+)

Liam Wickins October 9, 2013

Upon doing a routine plug-in update, the plug-in manager shows the following error when it tries to enable the plug-in:

"This plugin failed to enable. Your license may be invalid. Please refer to the logs for more information."

The statement "Your license may be invalid." is incorrect since the plug-in manager also happily reports:

Version: 6.3.2.2
Developer: Atlassian
Plugin key: com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira
License details: 50-user commercial license, Standard, expires 01/May/14 7:00 AM
License status: Valid

The atlassian-greenhopper.log shows that I was previously running with v6.3.2.1 since 4th Oct 2013 but shows no further activity once the upgrade was performed (i.e., the last log entry just shows v6.3.2.1 plugin being stopped).
The atlassian-jira.log shows an error entry as follows:
"/rest/plugins/1.0/com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira-key [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] There was an error loading the descriptor 'GH AUI for JIRA5x Resources' of plugin 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira'. Disabling"
Our JIRA installation information is:
Version 5.2.11
Build Number 854
Build Date Mon Apr 15 00:00:00 PDT 2013
Build Revision

ef00d61167c699f0d87337863e0e6af1bc04b04e

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2013

uninstalled the existing plugin and also remove cached plugin from ...\Application Data\JIRA\plugins\installed-plugins

then install again and restart the server.

i hope it will help you!!

Prasad, many thanks for your suggestion. It would appear that the JIRA server re-start was the step I was missing.

0 votes

Prasad, many thanks for your suggestion. It would appear that the JIRA server re-start was the step I was missing.

0 votes

I should also note that the same problem occurs after attempting to downgrade to JIRA Agile v6.3.2.1.

Suggest an answer