Issue remains "Unresolved" after prompt screen and post-function

Arnaud Muller March 22, 2019

Hello, I am encountering a problem with the resolution attribution :

I have setup the transition when moving to "done" to prompt the user to choose a resolution from a screen and disabled the auto-resolution of the "Done" column.

The post function "UpdateIssueFieldFunction; field.name = resolution; field.value = " is also set up.

However, even though the resolution prompt screen works perfectly, the resolution chosen in this screen is not attributed to the current issue and it remains "unresolved" after being moved to the "done" column.

What have I missed ?

Thank you for your help.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2019

Hi Arnaud

Have you tried removing that post function? To my understanding it clears the resolution field value.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2019

Charlie is spot on - you are asking the user for a resolution, then later in the transition using a post-function to blank it out.  Bin the post-function, you'll find it works fine then!

Jacques Rascagneres
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 22, 2019

Thanks guys! I work with Arnaud and this fixed the issue. Thanks again!

Arnaud Muller March 23, 2019

Indeed, thank you !

Suggest an answer