Issue Collector for Next-Gen Projects?

Daniel Tomberlin October 25, 2019

I made a Next-Gen Project hoping to take advantage of the customizable form fields in building a short and sweet issue collector form to add to my website. However, when I go to the Project > Project Settings there is no Issue Collector link available as there is in the classic projects outlined in the Using the issue collector (Cloud) documentation.

I went to an Issue Collector in a classic project and obtained a couple of URLs and update the projectKey (see link below) with a Next-Gen key...

https://yourcompany.atlassian.net/secure/ViewCollector!default.jspa?projectKey=XX
  https://yourcompany.atlassian.net/secure/AddCollector!default.jspa?projectKey=XX

However, when I setup and click Submit on the Add issue collector page the web page appears to refresh or reload with all field values still present and no redirect to a next step or page confirming success. If I go to View issue collector using the URL above it is not listed for the project, which btw does show a proper breadcrumb trail (see below).

Projects / Next-Gen_Project_XX / Project settings / Issue collectors

So, below are my questions for the Issue Collector (Cloud):

1. Is the issue collector not available for Next-Gen?
  2. If not, are there plans to make it available for Next-Gen?
  3. Is the Issue Collector supported by tech support with Classic Projects?
  4. Is there an App that matches the functionality of this baseline feature?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2019

Hi @Daniel Tomberlin

At this point it is not possible to create issue collectors in Next-Gen - although there is a suggestion you can vote for, see JSWCLOUD-17630

Not sure on your question 3 - can you elaborate on what support you're looking for?

There are some other options you could explore - this article has some good suggestions!

Ste

Daniel Tomberlin December 5, 2019

Thank you Stephen! I voted.

0 votes
Mikaela Bertucci November 25, 2020

Is there an app for this?  For Next Gen 

Suggest an answer