Is there a way to see work items resolved on a rolling monthly basis?

Asad Malik June 1, 2022

For example, can I see how many work items I completed in the current month that I am in, and it automatically updates every month for that specific month? 

Also a filter to see the average for every month as well

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

Hi Asad - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can do that with a JQL query like this;

Project = ABC and resolved >= startOfMonth() AND resolved <= endOfMonth()

To see the pervious month, use this:

project = ABC and resolved >= startOfMonth(-1) AND resolved <= endOfMonth(-1)

Asad Malik June 1, 2022

Thank you John for the quick reply!
How would I be able to see my teams completed work items as well? For example I am trying to add a gadget where it will refresh the 1st of every month and it will show everyone's total work items as the month goes on.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

How are you identifying "their work"? Because they are the assignee? 

If so, create a filter like above and save it and share it (if you want others to be able to see the results).

Then create a Dashboard (or use an existing Dashboard) and add an Issue Statistics gadget. Use Assignee for the Issue Statistic. 

Like Asad Malik likes this
Asad Malik June 2, 2022

Thank you John!

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2022

You are welcome. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 1, 2022

Hi @Asad Malik 

Jira's builtin Issue Statistics gadget by assignee will show number of issues by assignee for a single month at a time.

If you are interested in seeing month by month trend, you can try Reports - Charts and Graphs for Jira app developed by our team.

number of issues by assignee chart.png

Hope it helps.

Suggest an answer