Is there a way to move all assigned issues from one user to another?

Perry July 13, 2021

user account is inactive re: LDAP    - is there a way to move all assigned issues from this inactive one to an active account?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2021

Search for "assignee = <person who has left> and issue is open" (Generally, you probably don't want to reassign ended issues, it's better for your historical view to leave the gone person on closed stuff).

Once you have the list, use "bulk edit" from the issue navigator's option menu, and you'll be able to mass-update the assignee

Perry July 13, 2021

Thank you.  The inactive user is not showing up after assignee =    Do you know how to search for an inactive user?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2021

Ah, yes, you need to use their raw username - it won't autocomplete or suggest anything.  If, for example, you removed me from our Jira, you would have to type out "assignee = nbrough" in full.  

Perry July 13, 2021

Awesome, that got it!  thanks so much!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2021

Sorry, I should have mentioned that in my first response!  I keep forgetting it!

Glad you got there though.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events