Is there a way to display project description on the main page?

Gintare Simkute March 20, 2017

Hi, 

I am creating new project in JIRA and would like to have project description/summary view on the main project view.

Now, if I want to view the details of the project, I have to go to settings -> Projects -> chose the project and only then I could see what this project is about. Please let me know how to do it on the main page?

image2017-3-20 13:28:47.png

Thank you

3 answers

2 votes
Andrew Collins December 11, 2019

It is so strange that you can add a project description in Jira, but not display it.. it seems that you can only see the description in 'project settings'.

what are we missing?

I believe you should be able to see Project descriptions on the default Projects page (list).

0 votes
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2024

Not on the page page, but we export the data into a confluence page that serves as a "Map" of our projects.

This description also shows up in the "roadmap gadget" that ships with Jira

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2017

You can do it with the help of a simple add-on. Not sure if there is one out there already for this.

Sam May 16, 2018

whats the addon name

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2018

Same question here

Katherine Burkholder April 15, 2019

Did anyone find out the name of the add-on? 

Mark Stosberg July 10, 2019

He didn't there was an add-on, he just said it could be done with one.  It would be helpful. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer