Is there a way to display a JIRA dashboard on MS Teams?

Kate Goebel August 28, 2019

I've successfully added the JIRA integration into our MS Teams site. 

That said, I'd like to be able to configure a JIRA dashboard and select it to display in MS Teams, instead of individual JIRA projects, or filters. 

Is there a way to do that, and if so, is there any documentation on that? 

Thanks!

-Kate

4 answers

3 votes
Matthew Crocco June 18, 2020

A workaround for this:

Add a new tab for your teams channel, select website, then paste in the URL for your dashboard.

Charles Petit October 28, 2020

Thanks for that idea, tried to do the same, and the tab says empty :-(

jon walters February 15, 2021

Thanks, Matthew, that works for me, I just needed to log in to JIRA again and the board appeared

Like Shobhit Soni likes this
Amit Nandy August 16, 2022

Good suggestion Matthew. Thanks

Bashar Assana October 19, 2023

@Matthew Crocco can you please drop a screen shot(s) to visualize this workaround? thanks

Matthew Crocco November 13, 2023

@bashar assana Here you go. Just make sure whoever has access to the tab also has access to the dashboard. They will need to log in when they open the tab

add_website.pngdashboard_url.png

Like Charles Staples likes this
Duane Cronkite January 15, 2024

Hello, When I try to do this I get the Jira log in screen. When I add my credentials it just refreshes back to the log in page without accessing page.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Shane Brand March 13, 2024

I have the same issue. 

I set my dashboard up as a website URL, go o log in and receive "Something went wrong while attempting to validate your credentials."

Nils Stapelfeldt April 9, 2024

This apparently no longer works with the new MS Teams. As Shane Brand writes, this error message appears when you try to log in.

If I switch back to the old Teams version, I can log in without any problems.

Like Shane Brand likes this
Shane Brand April 10, 2024

Thanks Nils.

I re changed back to the Old Teams and can confirm it works now.

2 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 3, 2019

Hello Kate, 

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Per your description, I believe you are using a third-party app like Microsoft Teams Jira Connector or Microsoft Teams for Jira to connect both JIRA and MS teams. Is it correct? Or are you connecting JIRA directly using WebHooks or REST APIs?

Per my investigation, I'm afraid that none of the plugins provided in the Atlassian Marketplace allow you to display JIRA Dashboards directly in MS Teams application.

That being said, the only option I found that can achieve something similar to what you are needing is the app Better PDF Exporter for Jira (PDF View).

Using this app, you can export Jira dashboards to PDF and easily import it on MS Teams.

Although this workaround will not update the data in real-time for the MS Teams, you can optionally create a script to trigger the export and upload the PDF file to MS teams from time to time.

Let me know if this information helps.

0 votes
Ivan Garcia _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 20, 2023

I see it is an old post, but this might be useful for users finding this thread now having the same problem:

As other users suggested, this can be done by opening a new tab and selecting Website.

However, if you want it to make it even easier (and you're up for trying an app) I suggest you give a try to our app Dashboard Hub for Jira – Custom Charts & Share Reports which allows external sharing using password-protected links.

Here's the use case for embedding dashboards in places like Teams, Sharepoint, or Google Sites.

Hope it helps :)

Iván, Product Marketing team at Appfire

0 votes
Mohajit Acharya September 2, 2021

Thanks, Matthew. The suggested workaround worked for me as well.

Suggest an answer