Is there a way to automate adding the issue summary as a label?

brad.woods December 27, 2019

We have tickets that are autocut based on monitoring/alerting. Currently- I need to manually copy the summary and search in another tab to see if we've had previous tickets cut for a given issue.

I was wondering if there was a way to automate making a created issue's summary a label as well so that when I look into a ticket, I can click on the label to see what tickets have that same label.

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2019

Hi @brad.woods 

Are you on cloud on server?

This can be achieved using ScriptRunner easily. Take a look at this post for more details.

Ravi

Hey @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ ,

I believe we're server, if that helps. I'm only a project admin so I assumed some use of project automation would be able to achieve what I'm looking for. Is ScriptRunner something a project admin can utilize or does that require a Jira admin?

Thanks,

Brad

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2019

For using ScriptRunner Jira Administration rights are required. ScriptRunner can do lot of other automations as well apart from this but if you just interested in find out similar issues then you can also take a look at this app called Similar Issues Finder. This app will give you a tab with a list of similar issues.

I hope it helps.

Ravi

Thanks for the responses-- I appreciate it and the effort. Unfortunately around here it takes forever to get anything done that requires Jira Admin rights... to many hoops to jump through.

My only real hope was achieving something through Project Automation since I have access to create rules there. If its not possible there then I suppose I'm stuck with the current workflow.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events