Is there a process for unanswered questions within the Atlassian Community?

Emily Errico June 15, 2018

Hello! I started using Atlassian products a little over a month ago, so please let me know if this is not the right place for this.

When searching for solutions to my own questions, I find there are a lot of people who have similar problems and have gotten no response. I acknowledge that sometimes there is not a good answer yet or no one knows it, but letting questions go unanswered for over a year while they rack up views from other people looking for the same solution isn't a great community practice.

Is there a process for unanswered questions within the Atlassian Community? How would a process like this take shape, if there isn't one?

I'd suggest a feature where questions that have no replies for a month get promoted to people who answer questions frequently. Even someone saying "here's how you open a support ticket" or "that feature isn't currently available, here's the issue where you can vote for it" would be very helpful both for the user who asked the question and future users who run into the same problem.

As you can probably guess, I have an unanswered question. But this one is the kind of question I'm most concerned about.

1 answer

0 votes
Gavin McDonald June 15, 2018

The community guidelines link in the footer states :-

"...

Support

The Atlassian Community is a great place to get support. While Atlassian employees will participate, they are not always the primary responders. They will help provide an answer to a question only if the community cannot provide an answer within a certain time frame after the question is initially posted. For official support on qualified licenses and products, contact Atlassian Support at https://support.atlassian.com/customer/servicedesk-portal

..."

I'm not sure what Atlassian had in mind for 'a certain timeframe' but over a year I dont think is it. I would have hoped they would step in after a month at most.

Suggest an answer