Is there a log which could tell if a plugin is being used by jira users?

Pawel Rozek October 4, 2018

Hello Community,

A project manager asked me today whether there is some way of telling, example log or otherwise, whether a plugin is being used by the jira user base or not, or what percentage of users use specific plugins?

Could you please advise?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2018

Almost every add-on works in a different way and has different routes by which you might measure "usage".   A post-function for example, is used when a user pushes an issue through it in the workflow.  A report needs them to click on the report.  A custom field is used every time an issue is changed or viewed, or a search run on it.

So, no, there's no easy way to work out plugin usage.

1 vote
Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 5, 2018

Hi Pawel,

although not providing a 'user based' statistic of plugin usage in general, allow me the following hint that might come in handy:

Regarding the usage of workflow apps, e.g. Jira Suite Utilities (JSU), Jira Misc Workflow Extensions (JMWE), Jira Workflow Toolbox (JWT) or ScriptRunner (SR) etc., you might want to have a look at Admin Toolbox for Jira. Its Workflow analysis report provides detailed statistics regarding the usage of those apps within your conditions, validators and post functions in every workflow of your Jira instance.

Pawel Rozek October 29, 2018

Hi Thorsten,

This is quite an interesting plugin, thanks for pointing it out. Although we will not be installing additional plugins like this one due to cost, it looks like an interesting tool to perform part of the analysis my project manager is looking for. Thanks for your answer.

Suggest an answer