Is it still possible to add a estimation field to a subtask?

Kristina Academia June 4, 2020

I found a post on how to add a estimation field to a subtask that is from 2018, I followed all of the step listed here : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-put-in-an-estimate-field-for-Subtasks/qaq-p/199865 

but with no success.  It seems the step to edit a sub task has changed so I was wondering if it's actually still possible to show the estimates in the backlog view as shown in this screenshot: Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 8.49.23 AM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2020

Hello Kristina,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Testing on my local site, I was able to confirm that it's still possible to add the estimation, but it will only be visible if using the old issue view.

New issue view:

Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 13.41.57.png

Old issue view:

Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 13.43.24.png

The new issue view still has some restrictions, so the remaining estimate won’t show on the sub-tasks. The only way to see this information is by clicking on the ticket.

Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 13.51.09.png

With that said, since you are using a classic project, you can disable the new issue view by going to your Profile picture > Personal settings > Jira labs. It will disable the new view only for you, so if anyone else also needs to see the remaining estimate, please, ask them to disable Jira labs as well.

Also, let me share you with the feature request that suggests the implementation of this ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Kristina Academia June 11, 2020

Thank you so much Angélica, this did the trick.  I really appreciate the help with this and will save me and our team time with the way we set up our planning process!  

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events